Hi there! Thank you so much for stumbling upon my blog…I’m so grateful you are here today.
In addition to the “About” page, I thought it would be fun to share even more about who I am and what I am passionate about! Let’s get started shall we?
- I was born in and grew up in a suburb near Houston, Texas.
- I am half Filipino and half white.
- My birthday is in the month of November…(I am a Scorpio). I find Zodiac signs interesting, however, I don’t fully “believe” in them.
- I have been fortunate enough to have closely studied with some of the most incredible horn players to ever exist, including members of the Chicago Symphony and Vienna Philharmonic.
- I have two gorgeous rescue dogs, Annie and Shilah (or shall I say, they rescued me). I love them with every fiber of my being and I can’t imagine my life without them. Annie was born deaf and knows around 15 different sign language commands.
- The scariest moment I’ve ever had in my life was accidentally hitting a black bear with a frisbee while playing fetch with Annie… in the mountains of Oregon (I promise this is real life.) Needless to say, we both ended up alright and the bear was surprisingly /chill/ about it. However it just seemed a little surprised and ran off towards the deer trail.
- Growing up, I wanted to be a writer (among many things) and would write short stories about my dogs.
- I am an INFJ on the Myers-Briggs Personality Test, which also happens to be the world’s rarest personality type! Yes, I am 200% introverted…and I love it.
I am wholeheartedly a dreamer.
I love being alone. I embrace it. Most of my creative ideas happen while I’m out in nature deep in my own thoughts. No matter what personality type you are, having some quality alone-time will do you good!
- I am very grateful that growing up I had the opportunity to visit nearly every state in the USA and dozens of National Parks. I have always loved the outdoors and I treasure nature with my heart and soul. Every day I strive to be more environmentally conscious to help protect Mother Earth.
- I have been plant-based for 6 years now. I was vegan for 4 years and have been vegetarian for 2 years. Because of my past eating disorder recovery, reintroducing animal products was beneficial for my mental health, however I try to reduce animal products as much as I can.
- I owe a lot of my childhood to the franchise, Legend of Zelda. LoZ has inspired many avenues of my life, including my love and passion for all kinds of music. Throughout a challenging time in my childhood, LoZ was always a creative outlet and shining light in my life.
- Did I mention, I like beer? Totally my alcohol of choice. I only pretend to know what I’m talking about with wine.
- My spirit animal is a deer. There is something so gentle and beautiful about them. Whenever I come across one, I find it to be a good omen.
- I currently play or have played piano, cello, lyre, harp, ocarina, and horn.
- As you can tell, I used to have very long hair! Ever since I was little until around the age of 19, I had long curly locks. After having some neck problems from the weight of my hair (true story) I ended up donating 13 inches December of 2017, and every year I donate at least another 8 inches.
- As of a few years ago, I have loved watching Anime. I have finished Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, and I am currently watching One Piece!
- I dream of traveling the world. After my study abroad journey to Austria, (more on my wonderful trip coming soon) I have been passionate about visiting as many countries as I can. So far, I have visited the Philippines, Italy, the United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Germany, and Austria.
I hope you learned something new about me today. Don’t be a stranger! If you think we may actually be soul brothers or sisters (or if we share similar passions or stories of any kind), let me know.
Love and light….